The Newlove Schoolhouse
Sharing Our Heritage
We're proud of Orcutt Hill, and pleased to share the resources of this remarkable property with our neighbors in the community. The Newlove Schoolhouse, built in 1908, has been beautifully restored and offers a sweeping view of the Santa Maria Valley. The schoolhouse is used for a variety of community activities, including nonprofit fundraisers and other charitable causes.
The Orcutt Hill Picnic Grounds is another popular and long-standing community gathering space. For generations, local nonprofit groups have used this beautiful outdoor space for sports competitions, barbecues, children's events, and other community activities.
In 2014, several descendants of William Warren Orcutt -- Orcutt Hill's founding pioneer -- paid a visit to the site and toured the Newlove Schoolhouse. Read news coverage of the visit here.